Sustainable Meetings and Events
Pearlstone provides an environmentally friendly setting for your next event. Sustainability is woven into everything we do!
We are committed to operating a sustainable organization:
minimize impact on the environment
Value and promote human health & well-being – for our guests and our staff!
Operate as efficiently and economically as possible
Here are some of our efforts to run a greener and more sustainable operation:
Farm to Table to Farm
● We grow Certified Organic produce onsite which is the staple of our culinary program.
● We collect 31,000 pounds of food scraps each year. Combined with yard and farm debris, In 2017 we generated 60,000 pounds of biologically rich compost that we gifted back to the earth.
● In 2017 we donated 10% of our harvest (5,000 pounds) to local food bank and food rescues.
● We implemented Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), such as the installation of a building automation system, to reduce usage and costs.
● Compared to 2015, Pearlstone realized a 28% decrease in site Energy Use Intensity (EUI) at year end 2017! This corresponds to a 30% decrease in cost and a 27% decrease in total Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions.
● We utilize a solar water installation to provide hot water to the kitchen, saving about 30% each year in propane usage.
● Utilized throughout our farm is a drip irrigation system for watering plants efficiently without wasting water. According to the EPA, drip irrigation systems can save up to 30,000 gallons of water per year, which is about three times what the average landscape consumes.
● Faucets throughout the building and lodge rooms have aerators which reduce the amount of water flowing from the faucet to conserve water.
- We use green-certified cleaning products and recycled paper products.
- We developed and use sustainability criteria for product specification during remodeling and renovation
● Pearlstone is committed to developing a culture of sustainability and to partnering with community members to protect both the environment and the health of people in the community, now and for future generations.
● Our Green Wellness Team meets monthly.
● We designed and built an interactive Sustainability Kiosk located in our lobby.
To learn more or get involved, contact Joan Plisko, Community Sustainability Director.