Pearlstone is a living laboratory for 21st century American Jewish life.
Engaging youth and families, young adults and leaders—coming from all walks of life in Baltimore, the mid-Atlantic, and beyond—Pearlstone impacts over 20,000 annual participants through immersive, transformative experiences.
Our 180-acre campus is a platform for both Jewish and universal inspiration and empowerment through immersive retreats, outdoor education, organic farming, ecosystem restoration, and community sustainability initiatives.
Pearlstone’s exponential growth and impact over the past decade has brought national acclaim as one of the 50 most innovative Jewish organizations in North America and a leader in transformative experiences. Pearlstone embodies the future of American Jewish life, and our Master Plan and Capital Campaign represent a tipping point in our journey. The new Pearlstone Campus will impact over 40,000 annual participants as a groundbreaking Jewish Immersion Campus, the first of its kind.
Thanks to the generosity of Richie Pearlstone, Josh & Genine Macks Fidler, Rosalee & Dick Davison, Benjamin Greenwald, and others, we are halfway towards our $20 million capital campaign!
Pearlstone is proud to be an agency of The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore. For a century, The Associated has been the cornerstone of Jewish Baltimore. The visionary Centennial Campaign will ensure that our best days are yet to come.
We are deeply grateful for the leadership of Josh & Genine Macks Fidler and Richie Pearlstone & Amy Elias, who together have contributed a $1 Million matching challenge to help us achieve our $4.2 Million Founders Circle campaign goal.
Early investments have already transformed our campus in multiple ways:
• Our entire Retreat Center has been refreshed and renewed with enhancements across our main building, lodge rooms, and lounges.
• The first three bunkhouses of the Ben & Zelda Cohen Farm Village are complete, setting the stage for both summer camp programs and year-round city school partnerships.
• A new Community Farm featuring Maryland’s only certified organic U-pick strawberries, alongside two acres of certified organic U-pick blueberries.
• The farm also features a nascent Community Vineyard, growing towards its first harvest in 2023 when we will launch our DIY Winery with winemaking workshops in our new Farm Barn.
• Nearby the farm, retreat guests, campers, and U-pick harvesters challenge themselves on our Rosenberg High Adventure Ropes Course.
• Up the road from the adventure course sit two beautiful recently acquired neighboring properties now incorporated into the Pearlstone Campus: Tall Oaks Residence – a wonderful staff housing setting for young adult Jewish intentional community and Woodleaf Retreat – ideal for Getaways and special events.
• Updated Campus Amenities include new pavilions, improved ballfields, forest and meadow and stream restoration areas, and 3+ mile trail system all provide gorgeous outdoor recreation opportunities year-round.
All this is just the beginning. With your support, we will complete several major projects in the next 18 months that represent the next transformative phase of our Master Plan:
• THE RETREAT ADDITION will grow both our impact and our financial sustainability through a beautiful new wing of our hospitality venue featuring 25 rooms and providing over 3,000 immersive experiences each year.
• THE FARM VILLAGE will grow into a total of six bunkhouses including 110 beds alongside a bathhouse, dining facilities, and infrastructure for multiple overnight camp experiences serving both the Jewish community and Baltimore City youth.
• THE AMPHITHEATER will feature a beautiful pondside stage, hillside seating, lighting, and infrastructure for concerts, festivals, outdoor services, and performances of all kinds. Maximum capacity 2500 people!
• THE BARN will be the center of the action on the farm, supporting both operations as well as public educational workshops in winemaking, ecosystem restoration, and more.