Plant a Tree
Contribute to Pearlstone Reforestation with a Gift that Grows
At Pearlstone, we understand reforestation of the Chesapeake Region as a way to improve the Chesapeake ecosystem, leading to clean water, healthy watersheds and healthy habitats for wildlife, land conservation, and as part of a response to climate change.
In the Chesapeake Region, forests once covered 95% of the watershed, and now they cover only 55% of the watershed.
Trees are the original multi-taskers. Long-term benefits of planting trees are numerous and far-reaching:
- Improved air quality
- Planting and protecting trees reduce runoff and potentially prevent downstream flooding
- Clean water
- Trees over stream can decrease water temperature helping to support diverse aquatic life
- Trees help reduce harmful ultraviolet radiation
Give a gift that makes a difference! A Tree is a memorable gift for many occasions including:
- In honor of the birth of a baby, graduation or marriage
- As a birthday or anniversary gift
- In memory of a loved one or pet
- Jewish holidays such as Rosh Hashanna, Chanukah, Tu B’shevat, Pesach or Shavuot
- any occasion!
Gift a tree. Plant a tree. Care for the forest.
Plant with us!
The next Pearlstone tree planting will be Sunday afternoon, April 15th, 2018. Let us know if you would like to join us!