Farm and Forest School Health and Safety FAQs
Below is some of the most important information you will need and then some of the most frequently asked questions:
• Pre-screening of all staff and participants upon arrival
• A limited number of participants per day
• Typically 10-12 participants and 2 staff per group, not to exceed groups of 15 people max
• We recommend that parents and legal guardians of high-risk participants consult with their child’s medical provider to assess their risk and determine if attendance in the program is acceptable.
Please note that NO sick participant or staff member may attend Farm and Forest School.
• It is up to each parent/guardian to supply a face covering or mask they prefer as their child must wear one when appropriate.
• Staff will wear face coverings during activities when maintaining physical distancing is not feasible.
• All activities and programs are outdoors.
• Pearlstone has invested in additional hand-washing stations at each location and has hand-sanitizing products readily available and easily accessible for all participants and staff.
• All staff have completed comprehensive training and are prepared with up-to-date CDC protocols and safety procedures.
• Staff and instructors are excited to work with participants to provide the safest and best experience while promoting physical and mental health in all children.
Health and Safety:
Can we carpool?
We advise against carpooling unless you know your families will be together outside of Farm and Forest School.
How will pick up and drop off work?
We are encouraging one identified adult per family be responsible for the drop-off and pick-up of the child(ren) as best as possible. Pre-screening will be required, and will be monitored by Pearlstone Security each time you arrive on Campus. We ask all drivers to remain masked in their vehicles and follow the direction of staff. Individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness per CDC guidance should not drop off or pick up participants.
Will my child have to wear a mask?
According to the CDC staff will wear cloth face coverings during activities when maintaining physical distancing is not feasible due to area limitations. Masks and face coverings are not required for outdoor activities when practicing social and physical distancing measures. Until the current restrictions are lifted staff will wear face coverings when required and where appropriate according to CDC guidelines. The parent will need to supply the child’s mask or face covering. All parents, participants and staff will wear masks during pick up and drop off.
Extreme Heat or Cold Days or Heavy Rain Days:
This is an outdoor program and participants should be dressed and ready to be outdoors for the full day. After consultation with the Department of Health, ONLY for periods of the day when it’s not possible to remain outside (heavy rain, thunderstorms, extreme heat), we may utilize some of our indoor spaces on the campus. Face masks will be required for all participants and staff while we are in a building. Based on the Department of Health code in the event of a Full day of inclement weather we reserve the right to cancel that day.
Cleaning and Disinfection Procedures
Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces is significant in controlling the spread of viruses, and other microorganisms. Outdoor activities have been planned according to social distancing measures. All materials and equipment will be sanitized between use.
A cleaning and disinfection schedule is in place for all Pearlstone locations with clear accountabilities assigned to specific staff. Pearlstone will provide cleaning and disinfecting of communal spaces between groups.
What does a sample day look like?
This program is designed to be flexible in schedule and activities. There will be a morning block of activities and an afternoon block with lunch in between. Each pod leader will choose the activities they want to do with their group and have pre-scheduled activities throughout the session. We are excited for pods to explore the woods and connect to the land and the skills they learn!
What is your refund policy?
If we have to cancel a class for any reason, your program fees will be pro-rated/ refunded, or can be rolled forward to another Pearlstone Program. If you choose to cancel your registration with less than a months notice, or in the middle of a session, then you will not receive a refund. Additional questions can be directed to the Program Coordinator.
Still have questions? No problem. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org