Educational Field Trips
Bring your group out to the farm and forest at Pearlstone for a customizable and unique awe-inspiring experience, grounded in Jewish tradition, environmental sustainability, and rich, brown dirt…
Schools, Shuls, & Field Trips
With our hands dirty we can more deeply appreciate the real pleasure and importance of local sustainable food. With our minds and hearts full, we can contribute to social and environmental progress happening all around us. And with our souls engaged, we can immerse ourselves in the ancient land-based traditions of our ancestors, reconnecting with the agrarian foundations of Jewish tradition. Bring your group out to the farm and forest at the Pearlstone Center for a unique, awe-inspiring experience, grounded in Jewish tradition, environmental sustainability, and rich, brown dirt!
Who should schedule a field trip to the Farm at Pearlstone Retreat Center?
- Hebrew Schools
- Jewish Day Schools
- Early Childhood Centers
- Hillels and other college groups
- Youth groups
- JCC groups
- Interfaith and multicultural groups
Any group interested in hands-on, experiential, Jewish
What could you expect from a field trip to the Farm at Pearlstone Retreat Center?
Pearlstone offers a wide variety of programming options for your group. Whether your group is a first-time visitor or a returning partner, our programs are catered to your groups needs, interests, and educational goals. We strive to bring your science and Judaic curriculum to life with our hands-on experiential activities. Our programmatic options include:
- Farm-based activities: explore Jewish agricultural topics from a holistic, broad perspective
- Meet the Animals: Meet our goats and chickens, collect eggs, feed the goats, and learn about the great Jewish tradition of ethical animal husbandry
- Farm to Table: Harvest, cook and enjoy delicious farm produce.
- Adventure Course: Test your personal limits and build group unity on our ropes course, zip lines, and climbing wall
- Teacher Trainings and Professional Development sessions
- Sustainable Simcha workshops Learn how to “green” your Bar/Bat Mitzvah, wedding, Shabbat Oneg, Pesach seder or other celebration
- Bring the Farm to you: In-school workshops on ecology, agriculture & Judaics
How can I learn more about scheduling a field trip at the Farm at Pearlstone Retreat Center?
For more information contact Sonja Sugerman 410-500-5376 or email email@example.com.