Thrive: COVID-19 Response
This program will follow guidelines from the local health department, CDC, and the Maryland Department of Health. As always, the health and safety of our participants remains our top priority! Pre-screening and temperature checks of all staff and participants upon arrival will be included. We have hand washing stations and hand-sanitizing products readily available and easily accessible for all participants and staff. All staff have completed comprehensive training and are prepared with the new CDC protocols and safety procedures. For in-depth information on our safety protocols, please click on the Health and Safety page. Please note that NO sick participant or staff member may attend our programs.
Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces is significant in controlling the spread of viruses, and other microorganisms. Materials and equipment have been limited, and outdoor activities and have been planned according to social distancing measures. Where possible all materials will be provided to individuals.
A cleaning and disinfection schedule is in place for all Pearlstone locations with clear accountability assigned to specific staff. Additional staff has been assigned solely to focus on enhanced daily cleaning procedures. Pearlstone will provide cleaning and disinfecting of communal spaces between groups along with cleaning and disinfecting of any shared items between uses. When possible, campers will be assigned items and materials to reduce the quantity of items shared.
Meals: We will continue to monitor the CDC and local health department COVID-19 recommendations and provide meals that allow participants to dine safely in their own designated space or outdoors, as weather permits. We will provide dinner on Friday, three meals on Saturday, and two meals on Sunday. In alignment with the theme for the weekend, all meals will be either vegetarian or vegan to reduce our carbon footprint. Our kitchen and dining room are glatt kosher under supervision of the Orthodox Union.
Health and Safety Information
- Pre-screening and temperature checks of all staff and participants upon arrival
- A maximum of 20 participants will be allowed to register and participate
- We will create a waiting list for registrants
- We recommend that high-risk participants consult with their medical provider to assess their risk and determine if attendance in the program is acceptable.
- It is up to each participant to supply their own face covering or mask and participants must wear the mask when appropriate.
- Staff will wear face coverings during activities when maintaining physical distancing is not feasible.
- Activities and programs will be outdoors as possible; when indoors, physical distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Pearlstone has invested in additional hand-washing stations at each location and has hand-sanitizing products readily available and easily accessible for all participants and staff.
- All staff have completed comprehensive training and are prepared with the new CDC protocols and safety procedures.
- Staff and instructors are excited to work with participants to provide the safest and best experience while promoting physical and mental health of all participant
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO SICK PARTICIPANT OR STAFF MEMBER MAY ATTEND THE WORKSHOP.
Questions? Contact Jess Berlin