Charting the Course for Environmental Change in Maryland
6:00 p.m. | Brown Advisory
901 South Bond Street, Baltimore
Join your peers, learn from trusted environmental advocates and plot your course for advocating in Maryland’s upcoming legislative session. You will leave this event with an expanded network of environmental peers and the tools you’ll need for navigating the pathways of Maryland’s political landscape.
Keynote Speaker: Sarah Elfreth, Maryland State Senator, 30th District
Elected in 2018 to represent Annapolis and southern Anne Arundel County, Senator Sarah Elfreth is the youngest woman ever elected to the Maryland Senate.
As Senator, Sarah serves on the Budget & Taxation Committee, as the Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on the Chesapeake & Atlantic Coastal Bays Critical Area, and as one of two senators representing Maryland on the multi-state Chesapeake Bay Commission. For more information, please go to https://sarahelfreth.com/
Breakout Sessions Led by:
- Delegate Brooke Lierman, District 46 Baltimore City
- Delegate Dana Stein, District 11, Baltimore County
- Joelle Novey, Interfaith Power & Light
- Josh Tulkin, Sierra Club Maryland Chapter
- Kristen Harbeson, Maryland League of Conservation Voters
- Steven Hershkowitz, Chesapeake Climate Action Network
Agenda will include:
- Environmental issues in the upcoming Maryland legislative session
- Advocacy action items for your preferred issues
- Community Solar for Baltimore region residents
Brought to you by: Pearlstone and Baltimore Jewish Council, Agencies of The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore
Sponsored by: Neighborhood Sun
Event is free. Registration Required.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 410-500-5378