Health & Safety
Your Health & Safety are our TOP priority.
Here is what we are doing.
When Pearlstone pivoted our business because of coronavirus, we immediately put rigorous COVID-19 precautions and procedures in place. We abide by all Baltimore County Department of Health codes and regulations.
CLEANING & FOOD SAFETY
Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of all areas of our facility with approved disinfectants occur, including all high contact surfaces such as door handles and restrooms. All staff have their temperatures taken at the beginning of each shift and all wear masks whenever within 20 feet of others. All food service staff are trained in safe and sanitary food handling practices. In addition, all cooks and retreat services managers have completed the ServSafe COVID-19 Precautionary training for meal service. All food service staff are required to wear masks and gloves at all times while preparing and handling food. Gloves will be changed at least every 30 minutes, during food preparation and hands washed each time gloves are changed, as well as anytime one enters the kitchen.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
We are working on Standard Operating Procedures according to hospitality and retreat center industry guidelines, and with the support of our Reopening Taskforce and public health consultant. We already have lodging cleaning guidelines in place, including protocols allowing a minimum of 2 days in between each stay to allow for extra deep cleaning.
We remain steadfast in our commitment to keeping people first and make each decision about reopening with our five Pearlstone Pillars in mind:
- Have government agencies specified that this step is allowable?
- Do we have all procedures in place to meet the highest standards of health and safety for staff and guests?
- Do we have assurances from guests that they will comply with required safety measures?
- Do we have the support of our leadership, the board, and local public health officials?
- And as always, does this match our mission and vision?